Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Update

It's been fun to realize that I no longer feel compelled to write something every day.  But. . .there is something to be said for the discipline of putting words on paper every day.

As I write this a huge full moon is rising outside the living room window. Once again, seeing that full moon reminds me of so many wonderful times Gwen and I shared beneath a full moon--from the passionate enjoyment of being alone on a New Year's Eve the year before we married to watching the moon rise over the lake on St. Joe Island to just quietly being together only two or three years ago.  For the fourth month in a row I've been blessed with a clear sky on the night when the moon is full, it's like harvest moon times four.

This sense that something is changing continues to dominate my life.  Today I drove to Columbus, Ohio, and met in person Barb, whom I've been in touch with by e-mail and telephone as part of an online "class" in which she and I were both enrolled.  She is a dean in the School of Education at The University of Utah, and was in Columbus to conduct a workshop at a conference.  I enjoyed the drive down to Columbus, having not been there before, and enjoyed even more the opportunity to have lunch with my friend; she is even nicer in person than she has been in our emails and phone calls..  Were she not half a continent away I am sure we would be even greater friends than we are now, and see each other often.

So yes, things are changing for me, and I  no longer simply have the feeling that something is about to happen; I have begun taking steps, ever so cautiously, to see what possibilities may be out there for me for the rest of my life.  I know better than to make any definitive statement; tomorrow I could again be back in the pit digging hard to make the bottom even deeper.  And then there's that big full moon through the branches of the oak tree in the back yard. . .

How I wish your were with me tonight, Dear, watching that big old moon. . .



 


No comments: