Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

ENDLESS PERFECT WAVE



It’s as though we ride the crest
of a perfect wave
knowing well
the dangers of other waves
that crash on shores
of death, destruction, disillusion and despair.

Our hearts speak a deeper truth
we float as one
on an infinite sea
where endless waves
carry us along
joyously
hopefully.

John A. Bayerl, June 24, 2012

How can I write about this new phase in my journey without dishonoring Gwen?  Yet, how can I not write?--holding true to my promise to attempt to show the world what a long, lasting, loving relationship evolves into, even after the death of one of the partners.  Having once been blessed with that kind of love, I now find myself again in the gentle grip of one who completes my life in ways I no longer thought possible. 

Days are filled with laughter, and teasing and flirting and fun. Laughing until there are tears in our eyes--at silly thing.  The other tears; the memory-filled healing ones, still come, but not as often.  What were once long, lonely nights are now filled with dreams of better things to come, more stories to be told. All this because a mutual friend said, "there's someone you should meet."

Love comes as a surprise, Dear, we knew and lived that truth.




3 comments:

Susie Hemingway said...

I am so very happy for you John. You deserve to find some happiness once again - it will be different, it will be kind, it will bring much joy and most of all it will be healing. Blessings and peace.

Patty Kline said...

John! This encourages me greatly. I'm so happy for you and this new, fun person in your life who brings laughter and new love! I'm sure Gwen would be glad for you.

Dianne said...

I don't know how I've missed your last 2 blog posts ... but I found myself thinking of you this morning and wanted to check to be sure all was well. A visit to your blog has shown me all is very well indeed!

I am so very pleased to read of your happiness, so very pleased that you have found someone who brings laughter and fun and love back into your life. Bless you both as you create new memories.