Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

MORE THAN A COAT


I caress the lining
of her leather coat
and think of all the times
she was there
 next to the satin
filled with love
shielded from the cold
feeling safe, secure
in my embrace.

I am reassured
that she is here
one more time
let me help you with your coat
Dear.

John A. Bayerl, May 10, 2012

Perhaps it's the reminder in the store where I looked for Mother's Day cards.  I remembered how  I would tease that she wouldn't get a card from me--she wasn't my mother.  Now, I couldn't look at those cards, what fun it would have been to pick one out just for her, usually it would contain a reference to something that only she and I knew about.  She was the mother of our children.

On the lighter side, I noticed a previously unseen category for Mother's Day cards..Ex-Daughter-in-Law. I suppose. . .


No comments: