Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Monday, January 16, 2012

TWO TIMES FOREVER


The curves
on County Highway 424
the rotary in Alpha
the loops
through the woods
near the shore
of Chicaugoan Lake
past the birch tree
once young and supple
where you stood
for only me to see.

Once again
I trace our route
this time alone
recalling those times
landmarks
but especially
the night we wed
when all was perfect
for us
beginning
only knowing
when we held tight
to each other
it was
two
times forever.

John A. Bayerl, January 16, 2012

 The house seems empty again today, and hollow; since Anne returned to her home in Dallas. I'm in one of those sentimental moods where it doesn't take much to start the tears flowing.  Healthy tears as I call them.  

I write a lot about the past, Dear, but I miss you constantly in the present.  The poem is about things that maybe only you and I know about.

1 comment:

pkarwoski said...

What a lovely tribute John. I could picture the loops, Chicaugon Lake, and the places you wrote about-sharing your "younger year times" with Gwen. My hope is that the good wishes, love, and support I, along with others, feel for you carry you through some of the rockier times. Patti K