Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

No one stole the Big House

It looked like ti was going to be another quiet Saturday until I received a phone call from someone named Tyler in the UM Athletic Department.  He asked me to work at the Big House today for an "event day."  The UM Basketball team is playing Ohio tonight at 9:00 and it's an ESPN game day feature.  He needed someone to serve as a host for the meal for ESPN workers at the event; it was in one of the lounges in the Big House, next to Crisler Arena. .  I decided to do it; it was only from 4:300 to 7:00, and, as usual, I told myself that I have to get out and do things even though Gwen won't be at home waiting for me.

 It was an interesting evening; essentially it was opening the door for whomever showed up, and watching to be sure that no one stole the stadium.  Unlike football games, where I am on my feet all day long, this was really nice because I was in a lobby with comfortable furniture and a TV.  To make it even better, as I was leaving the two women who were putting away the food prepared a plate for me to take home with me.  I was grateful, but also sad because I wasn't able to share the meal with Gwen.  It's still so hard coming in the front door without her.  In spite of that, all in all it was a good day.

It's strange how this goes.  Some days, like today, I feel as though perhaps things may eventually be, different.  I never say things will be better, but I know they will be different.  If thing were to get better, Gwen would be home with me right now having a cup of tea, and I wouldn't be writing these words. At least, the Big House was still there when I left.  Now it's time to watch he game.

You have been on my mind all day long, Dear, we were so good together.

No comments: