Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

It is time for me to begin a blog. I dreamed about hummingbirds this morning. I'll explain what that means later. 
For now, I want to comment on a quote a friend sent me: ..."Death is a divorce nobody asked for: to live through it is to find a way to disengage from what you thought you couldn't stand to lose."
I agree with the first part, but do not like the word disengage. I don't ever want to totally disengage from the love of my life for 47 years. No way.

1 comment:

alolmsted said...

Hi John, You are a gifted writer with the ability to express your deepest feelings with complete honesty and openness. And your writing is a gift to the rest of us who inevitably will experience the loss of someone very close to us. While Gwen made you much of who you are, part of you is definitely a self-made character :o) .... and one with a tremendous amount of compassion and talent (not to mention sense of humor!!). Thanks for sharing your posts. Al