Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Today

Today the weather is once again spectacularly beautiful.  As I sit here in my easy chair, the one that Gwen always sat in, I can't help but feel that now familiar mixture of feelings; joy at the beauty of the world I am still enjoying, and sadness that Gwen isn't here to enjoy it with me.  This is the kind of day when we would have enjoyed a visit to the cider mill in Dexter.  I could drive out there by myself, but that would be just another of those "what's the point?" kind of experiences.

I've been thinking today of how Gwen and I completed each other--psychologically, spiritually, emotionally and sexually--I know that life goes on, it's just that, for now at least, I still feel so incomplete when I remember and celebrate the gift that Gwen and I were given.

Last night I attended a dinner party that a friend and his wife held.  There were some interesting people there, some whom I knew or who knew me through my connection with the Ann Arbor Schools.  One of the guests is a former dean of the largest college at UM.  His wife died a few years ago, and it was encouraging to hear him say that he continues to do well by himself. I was seated next to a woman who lived next door.  I suppose I can expect more of that sort of thing as I continue trying to live and grow as Gwen wants me to do.  It's just that Gwen made me feel so complete. . .

This morning when I awoke this song was going through my mind, it was a hit song for the New Christy Minstrels, but I like the version by John Denver:  <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNskh83Cptk>

I remember going to a John Denver concert at Hill Auditorium with you, Dear.  It was when he was just getting started; only him and his guitar alone on the stage.   A million tomorrows will all disappear,  'ere I forget. . .  

No comments: