Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Tomorrow is a special day.

Tomorrow is a special day in more ways than one.  On Thursday night, October 22, 1961, some friends and I decided to take a break from working on our fraternity's entry in the homecoming parade on Saturday.  We decided to visit a barn where one of the sororities would be working on their float.  That was  when I first met Gwen.  More about that tomorrow.  In honor of that occasion I have taken out a day sponsorship on WUOM, 91.7, The University of Michigan public radio station.  A special message I wrote will be read six times during the day.  Friends have asked me when those times are: 6:59 a. m., 9:59 a. m., 12:59 p. m., 2:59 p. m., 4:59 p. m., and 7:59 p. m.

At 5:00 I'll attend a Mass that is being offered in Gwen's name.  After that, Brooke is coming to spend a night with me.  We're thinking maybe a movie buttered popcorn and ju jubis.  I can't think of a nicer way to keep Gwen with us.  At Thanksgiving I'll continue our tradition of having the grand kids go with me to purchase a toy for the Toys for Tots drive.  Gwen loved that too.

Fifty years ago tonight, Dear, I went to bed not knowing that on the next day my life would be altered in the best possible way--thank you for the gift of your love and all that followed.  You once said this to me:  "I love you dearly and miss you terribly," now it's my turn to say it to you. 

No comments: