Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Friends and hummingbirds.


My internet connection is still not working, so I'm writing this in a coffee shop, and will be brief.  This afternoon is my memoir-writing class, and then at 5:00 there's a Mass for Gwen that I will attend.  I also have tickets for a Gordon Lightfoot concert at the Michigan Theater.  More about that later.  In a way, each day the pain lessens, but the dull ache is constant.

Back in August a friend sent me this poem:


In the quiet moments of the brisk morning, came to me
The distinct humming sounds of a humming bird wings.
In that quiet moment, Gwen came to me
A song of thanks this bird's wings did sing.

Ginette Walton, August 2, 2011

How I wish you were going to that concert with me, Dear; you so loved that sort of thing.

No comments: