Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

SHEER INTIMACY

It's early in the morning; I'm going to post a few words before I head north.  The sun is shining brightly;  always a good tonic for whatever down mood I might be in.  I had to finish doing the laundry before I leave this morning.  If I stay open, words sometimes come to me in the strangest places:


SHEER INTIMACY

Today while doing the laundry
the reason for my vague uneasiness
each time I filled the wash machine
or emptied the dryer
became suddenly apparent.

There were no bras.

No longer do I have to remember
to wash them on the delicate cycle;
to hang them  separately to dry;
NEVER PUT THEM IN THE DRYER!
Gwen would caution me.

I miss them, and the way
their sheer, intimate nature
would excite memories
of a miraculous love
and shared pleasures.

John A. Bayerl, September 14, 2011

Yes, Dear, I especially miss those little, intimate moments we shared, even when it was just getting instructions on the proper care of a bra. 



1 comment:

BForever said...

This post is too funny! I love it. As was said many times, it is in the little things. For me is my messy bed - a rebellion of sorts for he loved his sheets tucked in.