Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Blue Beautiful Snow

Tonight, as I was leaving The School of Music after my lesson, I walked out into the parking lot and it was snowing.  This was one of those beautiful snows; thick, big flakes, straight down.  I hummed Jingle Bells as I made my way to the car, and the blues hit hard when I remembered all the times Gwen and I would bundle up and go for a long walk when it snowed like that.  It was the simplest of pleasures to gaze at the snow as it drifted past the Christmas lights in our neighbor's yard, talking about nothing in particular.  It was a profound moment in our marriage; a celebration of our love.

When I got in the car I turned on the radio and heard Floyd Kramer playing Last Date.  That's when the snow became blue.  Yesterday I cried too when I went to a movie by myself; the new George Clooney movie called The Descendants.  It was in the theater that Gwen and I always went to, and I sat in the seats where we sat.  The movie was quite moving and sad, and as it ended I was crying harder than I've cried since right after Gwen died.   This wasn't just eyes watering; I could feel the tears streaming down my cheeks.  It felt so good!

I'm looking out at the snow as I type this, Dear; missing you like crazy.  

No comments: