Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Busy Day


There were lots of things on  my agenda today.  This morning began with a Story Time Players reading at a local elementary school.  We read for a couple of  kindergarden classes.  They were totally engrossed as we read and acted out Three Little Pigs, The Three Billy Goats Gruff (I got to wear the red wig read the part of the troll under the bridge.), and, always a favorite, Tikki Tikki Tembo. . In Tikki I read the part of Chang, and had to repeat that long name several times.  Always fun.

After that I dashed over to a local restaurant where my bereavement group was having its monthly meeting.  Again,  good friends, and I enjoy the ease of being able to talk with others who walk a path that is similar to mine.  After that it was on to a luncheon with a group of former colleagues from Forsythe Middle School, where I was a counselor for several years.  That was a tough one, so many of them attend with their spouses, and, although they go out of their way to make me feel welcome, still . .

 Finally, tonight I attended a dinner for those of us who worked at UM football game this fall.  After that, we were given tickets to the UM basketball game; it wasn't much of a game, so I left at half time.

When I walked in the door of the house this evening the sadness overwhelmed me.  By keeping busy all day I had kept those sad feelings at bay, but there comes a time when once again it is necessary to face the fact that Gwen no longer waits at home for me.

 I look forward to next week when all our children will be home for Christmas.  Each day I do a little decorating, and by time they get here at least the house will have some Christmas Spirit. I've decided to once again decorate a dwarf Austrian Spruce that I will plant in Gwen's Garden this spring.

Tonight, Dear, I hold you so close in my heart.  Along with the sadness, all the good memories also come flooding in--even the bad times were good, you know.  Now I'm going to say good night, I have a couple of poems I want to work on.  One of them is kind of sappy and sentimental, but the world needs that too.

No comments: