Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One of those day.

From the time I awoke this morning I felt Gwen's absence in the emptiness of the house, yet I felt her presence near me as I went about the day.  This was most obvious when I called Izzy and wished her a happy birthday.  Where were you, Gwen?  You loved to sing Happy Birthday on the phone, especially to the grandchildren.  That wasn't the only time I missed you to the bottom of my heart today.  I remembered to buy some snacks and bottled water for the Wellness Community, and, when I went to deliver them (I wasn't able to deliver them, the center is closed until January 3.) I drove past the home on Huron River Drive that was for sale and that you always thought we should buy,  In fact, on more than one occasion we stopped and took a look at it.  I always thought it was not much of a home, but you loved it, especially the fact that it was on a hill and overlooked Gallup Pond.

It's been a quiet day all in all.  I've done some reading and writing and then did some grocery shopping and a few other errands.  Now its' just quiet time at night, and I'm enjoying looking at our little Christmas Tree.  Also today, I sorted through cards I've received over the past year.  Some are Christmas Cards from this year, but others are sympathy cards received a year ago.  It was good to read them again--Gwen was so loved by everyone who knew her.  People comment on how loving and kind she was; and gentle.  I'm working on a poem about Gwen and how uncomplicated she was.

Dear, you will be pleased to know that the home on Huron River Drive has been sold.  There was a car in the driveway, and there were lights in the windows.  In a way, none of that seems important now, but, because it was important to you, it added emotion and meaning to my day. 

No comments: