Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Something is changing. . .

Some changes are happening.   I still miss Gwen something awful.  Just this afternoon I was reading the newspaper, and I came across a recipe for apples in a caramel sauce with a scoop of butter-pecan ice cream.  If I really wanted to please her, I would bring Gwen a scoop of butter-pecan ice cream.  She loved it.  So. . .I reached for a scissor to cut out the recipe and began making a list of things I'd need.  Then. . .

So, yes, there are moments like that.  There are also moments like this afternoon when I was with Story Time Players at an elementary school.  One of our cast members has cancer, and is undergoing chemotherapy.  She and I had a discussion about chemo-brain.  Part of me was feeling like screaming that I don't want anything more to do with evil cancer.  Another part of me felt very empathetic and sympathetic when she told me that her husband doesn't quite understand about chemotherapy.  I assured her that the most important thing was that he is with her every day.  Then she smiled.  What I get out of all that is that I was fulfilling whatever purpose that I have been left here to do.

It's a process of discernment that we go through as we slowly find a new life.   I don't like it--I'm doing it kicking and screaming, but. . .I'm doing it.

Lately I've been thinking about putting some of this stuff I've written into a book, Dear.  You'll have to help me with that one. That will be a nice project for the winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By all means - get started on publishing this blog in book form .......