Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Monday, August 22, 2011

I will find other seas.


Blessings come in many forms. First, there were my nephew, Andrew, and his friend, Zana, teaching me about the Zen of rock climbing and being true to yourself.  Then, within the past week I've been blessed with the renewed friendship of Lou Ann Hanson and Dick and Peggy Patterson, and, more recently, my niece, Kathy and her husband, Rob, and their daughter, Patti.  I spoke on the phone with my nephew, Frank, last night, and don't know whether I'll be able to spend time with him and Anne and Katie; but they are always welcome at our home in Ann Arbor.  And then, of course, my niece, Mary and her husband, Steve, and their children,  have opened their home and their hearts to me. Gratitude somehow doesn't seem sufficient to thank them for their gracious love and caring.  I leave here feeling that family tradition has been enriched and carried forward.

I'll take a break from writing today as I look forward to spending time alone; somewhere near the confluence of the mighty Columbia River and the unimaginable depth and breadth of the Pacific Ocean. Pad and pencil in hand, it will be a time for reflection, recollection and renewal.

You are always with me, Dear, as we agree on a plan for the future--another of our great adventures.  

No comments: