Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

THE WARM, SOFT, NEARNESS OF YOU

It's late for me to be writing.  This has been one of those days when time just kind of slips away.  This morning I slept later than usual, and when I awoke I had wonderful remembrances of Gwen; not long ago, but just a year ago when she was still up and about doing things with me and sharing the bed with me.  That prompted me to write this poem:


THE WARM, SOFT, NEARNESS OF YOU

I slept late this morning;
awoke and wanted you next to me,
like always—
asking about my plans for the day,
telling me your schemes and ideas.

Gosh, how I miss you.

What I miss most of all,
on an early summer morning,
is your warm, soft, nearness. 

John A. Bayerl, August 2, 2011

It's late, Dear, tomorrow morning I plan to play some golf, and then tomorrow night it's off to a Tiger game with Sam.  I'll always feel you warm, soft, nearness.

1 comment:

acemomof3 said...

John, I want to say it's a lovely poem and it's wonderful the way you remember the simple things of life that you shared with Gwen. But I'm sitting in a puddle of tears. Tears that pour down my cheeks knowing how much you miss her. I feel guilty as hell that I don't appreciate every moment that I have with my John. I know that life isn't easy and happy all the time with 3 teenagers....but I don't want to look back on our life and marriage regreting that I didn't cherish it more.