Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

With family again.

I'm going to do a brief post tonight--it's late and I plan to get up early tomorrow morning.  I'm at my cousin, Bernie's, and his wife, Karla's, home in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.  In addition to being family, Gwen's and my relationship with them goes way back to when we first moved to Ann Arbor and Bernie was attending the School of Social Work at UM.   Like all of my relatives and friends who have opened their homes and hearts to me, they have made me feel completely at home, and are able to share their unique memories of Gwen.  They also are able to make me laugh; something I haven't done much lately.

Tomorrow will be my final leg of this journey I'm on, then I look forward to being back home.  At some point I'll have to summarize what this whole trip has meant to me and what I've taken from it.  I've learned a lot; there is still much to be learned.

It is still so hard to do these "firsts."  Gwen was quite fond of Bernie and Karla, and I know how much visits like this meant to her.

You were there in our conversations tonight, Dear; always foremost in my heart. 

1 comment:

Susie Hemingway said...

Firsts are hard John but so important to the healing process.

I am sending all positive vibes across the pond that you may continue this journey well friend.