Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ready for the big adventure.

Although I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something, I am now packed and ready to leave early tomorrow morning.  I'm anxious to get on the road; tomorrow doesn't look too exciting, places I've been many times before, but I hope to be headed due west before I call it a day.

Four things happened today that lightened my load somewhat.  An old friend of  Anne's  came in this evening with her husband and two young children.  They are going to stay at my house until Saturday while they visit friends in Ann Arbor.  The kids are a delight, and Carlin and Ben are easy to be with; Carlin used to hang around our house a lot when she was in high school, and Gwen was very fond of her.  I'm sure she loves it that we are able to do this favor for them.  We went out to eat, and while parking a former colleague whom I haven't seen in at least 20 years drove up and said hello.  We've been trying to connect on Facebook, but this made it so much easier. I've always respected and admired her.  Earlier in the evening two of my friends whom I will see in Washington called to finalize plans for our visit.  It's been at least 40 years since I last saw them, but when talking with them it's like no time at all has elapsed.  That year in Portland was pretty special. Lastly, an old friend paid me a high compliment after reading my blog, and it brought me to tears--a fitting way to get ready for bed and then up early tomorrow.

All of these events relate to people who had a special place in our lives and heart, Dear.  I feel your presence in all of them.  

No comments: