Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Monday, April 11, 2011

A better day.

I had a nice visit with the doctor this morning.  He's a real reassuring kind of guy, and I like him.  I'm back taking some OTC medicine I had been taking before, and everything is fine.  He does want me to quite caffeine, that's a challenge; sure gonna miss that cup of coffee in the morning.  When I stopped at the Wellness Community on the way home I was pleased to see the leaf on their tree of life that has Gwen's name painted in gold lettering.  On a whim, I decided to play golf this afternoon, kind of cold and windy, but good to get out of doors.  Tonight I attended a spirituality group meeting, we talked about courage,  and I told them that without a doubt the most courageous person in my life has been Gwen.  A nice surprise was a phone call from Craig, a caregiver support group friend, whom I hadn't heard  from in a while. He was doing some work in Ann Arbor, and invited me to join him for dinner, which I did.  He invited me to his place up north, but I can't make it this weekend, some day I will.

I have some poems simmering inside me.  Just need a little time to make them happen.  Tomorrow will not be an easy day, another of those arbitrary anniversaries we who grieve remember to mark.  Meanwhile, life goes on, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Connie Witt said...

I am thinking of you on this "arbitrary anniversary" and hope the day is gentle with you. Connie