Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Loving the present.

This will be short and sweet.  I've been wrestling with this quote from Anthony de Mello:

Say goodbye
to golden yesterdays
--or your heart will never learn
to love
the present.

I understand how being bogged down in the past can spoil my enjoyment of the present moment.  And, that's probably true most of the time. I might argue that this is different.  As I see it, Gwen and I enjoyed our life together, and I I have many good memories of  that.  On the other hand, there isn't a whole lot to like about  knowing that she is gone forever--not much to love about that kind of a present.  It all ties into what I talked about yesterday; it's a hard job trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.  All I can do is come back to what I know is true, Gwen would not want me to be miserable.  That, and God still has things for me to do.  Eventually, I'll just have to learn to get on with life as it evolves for me.

1 comment:

alolmsted said...

I suspect Gwen's loving and inspiration will always be a major part of anything you do in the present, John. And no doubt, that will lead to great things.