Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A good Good Friday

This will have to be brief tonight.  It's late, and I'm tired, it's been a good day.  Izzy and I went for a walk to the store today.  She's a real chatterbox, but at one point she just stopped in mid-sentence, like a ten-year old will do, and said, "I really like having you for a grandpa."  Right there I felt Gwen smiling down.  She also commented about the fact that Brooke has only me, so I have to be two grandpas as well as two grandmas.  I assured her that Brooke is please with the way I'm doing that.

Later Jeanne and Izzy and I saw a movie and then played nine holes of pitch and putt golf.  When Bob and Nick got home we had dinner in downtown Louisville at a new restaurant, and the food was scrumptious.  Bob and Jeanne and there family are vegetarians, so eating meat on Good Friday was not a concern.  We concluded the day by spending some time at Izzy's gymnastic practice where Jeanne and I had a good conversation about stuff that daughters and fathers  normally don't get to talk about.  For the hundredth time, I am so blessed to have our children supporting and loving me.

You were there with me today, Dear.

No comments: