Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Meaningful Day

Today has been meaningful.  It started off with a really neat visit with grandson, Nick, to have a lesson with the golf pro who has been helping me.  Nick seemed to enjoy it, and he said he learned some new stuff.  He starts playing in a league when he gets back to Colorado next Monday, so the timing was good.

Then it was home for a  while before heading off for my voice lesson.  Just before leaving Jeanne and I had what I considered to be a beautiful exchange.  Have I said before how blessed I am to have four children who "get me"?  As I sat here this evening a bright red cardinal landed on the bird feeder outside the window, I just knew it was a messenger from Gwen telling me that she too was happy with how well our children have responded to both my pain and my need for privacy at times.

Once again, my singing lesson was an exciting adventure into a world that I am slowly learning about and becoming fascinated with.  I told Elise that the only bad thing is that I probably won't live long enough to learn all the things she is slowly and patiently making me aware of.  It is good to do new things, no matter how old one may be.

After my lesson on North Campus I remembered when Jim and Liz and Max and Luna and Anna lived there, and had this urge to give Jim a call.  So, I did.  We had a great talk; it felt good to get reconnected with him now that he is out East.

My hour with Dave flew by; just too much to talk about.  There were some valuable insights today and a few great topics for poems.  Being alone is one thing, being lonely is quite another.

Tonight Bod and Jeanne and the kids are down in Sandusky, OH, where they will go to Cedar Point tomorrow morning and then be back here tomorrow night before heading back to CO on Saturday.  The house seems extra quiet with them gone. Tomorrow morning bright and early I have a tee time for 18 holes of golf, then back home to get to work on some things.

I watered G2 in A2 (Gwen's Garden in Ann Arbor) tonight and was once again amazed at the loving care that went into making it real.  Marlene and Jim will be happy to know that it is now dark and the angel with the lighted globe they contributed is glowing warmly.

Dear, you will be happy to know that I am learning to sing the song All Will Be Well.  I think of you and feel you near each time I sing the words all manner of things will be well. 

2 comments:

Susie Hemingway said...

Great busy days for you John! Love the sound of the singing lessons, must be so good for the soul. How our children with their understanding help us, thank goodness we have that, together with our alone time, that for me is so important and so to gather my thoughts once again to continue well. Wishing you peace and many blessings John.

A Myeloma Widow's Journey said...

Love that you are keeping so busy, John. Enjoyed our little chat after group ended last night. I'm hoping I will finally be able to post here; haven't been able to post on any blogs for a week or more???