Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Packing to go.

This posting will be brief; I've decided to pack up and leave for the U. P. this afternoon.  My intention is to stop at the Mackinac Bridge and get a room for the night; that way I won't have such a long drive.  Also, I'll stay at a motel where Gwen and I stayed a couple of years ago when we made a trip to visit her brother and sister.  It is important to me that I relive some of these experiences without Gwen at my side.  Sad, but necessary.

After golf this morning I went to another golf course where I worked as a volunteer at a golf outing. My assignment was to run the putting contest; no one told me what the rules were, so I just made them up as I went along--TEGWAR, the exciting game without any rules.  It was kind of like when we do the plate-breaking ceremony at family weddings.  It all works out in the end.  So, a pretty good day so far.

I thought about you today, Dear; but then I think about you all the time.  Today there was once again that edge to it, sort of an ache and wanting so badly to have you with me enjoying the day.  

No comments: