Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Change in Plans

I'm at a McDonald's in Iron River.  The event last night went very well, I met a lot really nice people, childhood friends and classmates of Gwen's; all with great, loving memories of Gwen that add to my feeling of gratefulness that we found each other and enjoyed a long and lasting love.  Perhaps this visit will help bring some closure.  It's always the little things--McDonald's has a sign out, Vanilla Cones 49 cents.  That would have been a twofer for Gwen, we often enjoyed one of those cones, and 49 CENTS!


Now the sad news.  One of the e-mail messages I received this morning told of the death of Don Parrish, a fellow parishioner at St. Mary and also a former colleague at Forsythe Middle School.  Don died of brain cancer, and throughout his illness I often met his wife, Sally, and did what I could to comfort and support her.  His funeral is tomorrow afternoon, and, after some consideration, I have decided to leave Iron River this afternoon and get back to Ann Arbor in time for his funeral tomorrow afternoon.  I remember how important it was to have the support of friends at Gwen's funeral.  Luckily, I have been able to accomplish what I set out to do here in Gasstra, and it is time to get back to life A. G.

I know you want me to do this, Dear, Don and Sally were always showed us such love and concern during your illness.

No comments: