Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Warm Summer Day.

It's another hot day.  On a day like this I like to write in my notebook in the shade of the big old Red Oak in the back yard.  In spite of the heat, it's pleasant sitting here in the shade with a soft breeze blowing.

Earlier, my sister, Terri, called, and, as I was talking with her, I looked out the window at a bee balm plant that she and Roy had planted in Gwen's Garden on Memorial Day.  Yup! There was a hummingbird, feeding on the nectar of a its blooms.  I suppose it could be called a coincidence, but to me it's always a miracle when one of these messengers from Gwen arrives.  It makes me feel happy inside.

My neighbor, Dan, just came out to water his flowers.  he's an absolute golf nut, and I enjoy talking with him about the game.  I asked him what he does for a living.  Fro 30 years he's been a radon  mitigation consultant.  I've often wondered whether Gwen's cancer may have been radon-related.  According to Dan, there is an uncommonly high incidence of radon-related cancer in the U. P.  It takes hold in the lungs and then  reappears 40 years later.  I realize that I'll never know what created the evil disease that took away the love of my life.  And, even if I were to know for sure--so what?  She's not here with me enjoying the summer breeze that just came out of nowhere and the beautiful flowers that are beginning to bloom in her garden.

Thank you, Dear, for sending me a little message.  It helps.

No comments: