Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Eight Months

I deliberately kept myself busy today, but it has still been a hard day.  Gwen died eight months ago, and memories of that night as well as tons of reminders of what a sweet and loving person she was have been with me all day.  There isn't much more I can write at this time; I face it and get through it.

Tonight I have decided to pack up the car and head for the U. P.  I am going to spend a couple of days with Patti and some of Gwen's friends.  I'm still trying to figure out how to feel about this venture.  I will be great to see Gwen's sister, Patti, and her friends have promised to warm me with their memories of her.  Yet. . . .we have fifty years off history up there, some of which only she and I would know.

I'm not sure whether I'll have Internet access up there, so it may be a few days until I get back to writing.

1 comment:

A Myeloma Widow's Journey said...

Time keeps moving forward, but the precious memories of our great loves stay with us forever ... regardless of those monthly markers.

I hope your trip to the U.P. brings warmth to your heart, John.