Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Secret Memories

There was a big storm last night, and the electricity has been out most of the day.  There are still issues with my e-mail account, and I spent all afternoon with Dick and Mary trying to get it straightened out; we hope to do so tomorrow.  I've noticed that when I visit with them it helps make Gwen seem not so gone.  The four of us spent a lot of time together, and those bonds are still intact. 

Riding in the car alone is still prime grieving time for me.  Today I took a different route home from Dick's because of construction; the route I took was one that Gwen and I would take when we lived on the lake; North Territorial Road, kind of a shortcut.  Today it was filled with memories of  times we shared, conversations we had, and the like.  It is important for me to do that sort of thing;  these are all ordinary things, but reliving them now makes them extraordinary.  As is the case, I think, with all loving relationships, the rest of the world only sees what the two of them choose to reveal--it was sure that way with Gwen and me, and I cherish the times when, sad though they may be, I am able to recall a little "secret" that only Gwen and I knew of. 

It was nice having you in the car with me today, Dear, sharing some of our little secrets.

No comments: