Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Hard Day's Night

It's been a strange day, in a way.  I had a really nice time visiting with Dick and Mary earlier today when I brought my computer over to have Dick work on it.  It is always enjoyable spending time with Dick and Mary; they are so kind and loving.  We also had lunch together, and then I came home and did some work in the yard, trimmed the shrubs and the like.  Later this evening I played a few holes of golf.  It was slow going; a young couple caught up with me and we played together for a while.  That's another of those mixed emotions times; they were very nice and fun to play with, but then there's that longing to have Gwen there with me.  Also, the golf course is close to the nursing home where Gwen was last year, and I can't help but have memories of how she enjoyed having me spend time with her there and couldn't wait to get out and back home with me.  I just miss her a lot.

My e-mail is still messed up, so, I won't be able to be in touch with my friends tonight.

I do miss you more than usual tonight, Dear.

1 comment:

Susie Hemingway said...

How strange it is, that some days seem to catch you out with such painful feelings of loss.
Often triggered by such a little thing. I am still finding it hard to work in my garden, although I must of course. Hamada's room over-looked the garden and when I was mowing or cutting back, I would tap on the window to see him give me one of his lovely smiles. I can hardly bear to look in that direction now. Just keep on keeping on John, it is all we can do.
I have just finished a poem on Solace - I will post in the next few days. Blessings.