Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Days like this.

All day today I've been humming the old 60s song, Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This.  I'm stuck in some kind of funk that I can't seem to shake.  After attending my writing group this afternoon,--I always enjoy that, but today I was kind of frumpy-- I stopped at Zimmerman's for one of their famous Reuben sandwiches, and even that didn't cheer me.  There were too many memories of great times Gwen and I shared there.  Some of it is the weather, I know, it's pretty gloomy and cloudy today, but mostly it's just coming to grips, again, with the fact that Gwen meant so much to me and she is no longer with me.  So, I swept the floor in the garage, something she always asked me to do after the long winter.  Now I have a nice clean garage floor and half a Reuben sandwich in the refrigerator.  I'll embrace the sadness, it can't last forever.

No comments: