Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Quick Note

It's been an awfully busy past 24 hours, I'll make a longer post tomorrow.  Last night I really enjoyed attending the concert at the Ark.  Peter Mulvey was totally entertaining and an amazing musician.  I talked with him a bit after the show and found him to be  a most genuine person.  The surprise was the other act that performed, Po' Girl is a band of two women and two men.  They are all multi-talented, playing everything from a clarinet to a gut bucket bass.  Their singing brought tears to my eyes more than once.  Their lead singer, a young, French-Canadian woman from Montreal also chatted with me afterwards and I found her to be a most caring, empathetic person.  And man, can she sing!

Tonight I attended the opera Little Women, under the auspices of the UM School of Music.  My choir director from church had a role as one of the four sisters.  I was fortunate to have three of my bestest friends from the support group I formerly attended accompany me in style.  Thanks, Mary, Mary and Liz; also for the meal before.  Now it's time to slow down a little for the weekend.

It's late, more in the morning, I feel a poem coming on.

No comments: