Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

On The Wings to Eternity

I'm beginning this tonight, Wednesday, but will finish it tomorrow. It has been a very rainy day, but the downpours have finally stopped.  It was raining so hard earlier that the lilacs in the neighbor's yard, in full bloom, looked like weeping willows--how appropriate.  One of these days I'll have to get the lawn mowed again.

 I also need to explain about the new picture I've added to my profile.  It's me standing in front of the Tree of Life at the Wellness Community of Southeast Michigan.  The "Tree of Life" is a piece of art on the wall at the Wellness Community.  It has "leaves" on it that have names painted on them.  The Community is a privately funded organization that offers a variety of free services to cancer survivors, theirs caregivers and their families.  The "leaves" can have the name painted in either gold or silver, depending upon the amount of contributions made in their memory.  I am proud that Gwen's name is in gold;  contributions in excess of $3,000.00 have been made in her honor.  Our daughter Jeanne rightfully asked whether her mother ever knew how much she was loved and respected.  We certainly did. 

I continue to feel very tender about Gwen today, more than usual.  She's very much in my thoughts.  I'm sure that Frank's news of Caroline's death has something to do with it.    And then later today I heard from my cousin, Joyce, that her brother died of cancer.  We grew up together in the U. P.  Damn cancer!

Back to the tender feelings.  There are times when I feel such a poignant sense of times we enjoyed together; sometimes it's long ago, when we first met, and at other times it's things that happened a year ago.  For dinner tonight I made a simple salad that she always enjoyed, and, as I was mixing it together I caught myself thinking about how much she was going to enjoy eating it.  I'll bet she did.  I have some music on now, Pop Hits of the 60s, and can recall dancing with her to some of the songs way back when,  but also enjoying listening to them with her just last summer.  Green fields was always one of our favorites--once there were green fields, kissed by the sun. . .Who couldn't fall in love dancing to that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C0yTQSs1LU

My friend, Ginette, in Canada, wrote this, she captures so well what it feel like when the one who was at the core of it all is gone and that sense of love going on remains.  I removed her last name because I don't wish to compromise her right to privacy:

On the wings to eternity ...

The night carried you on its wings to eternity
Let my words be your beacon between two worlds.
If you feel me distant, please do not search for me,
I am and will always be here,
Neither death nor eternity can prevent me from loving you.

I have promised you unconditional love,
It is for eternity.
In my heart I will gently hold you,
Until we meet again one day.

If you feel me distant, please do not search for me,
I am and will always be here.
I will love you for eternity.

Author:  Ginette

Mike called yesterday just to tell me that he is doing fine.   John and I are having fun working together on our class.  Anne is coming home today, and Jeanne and Bob and Nick and Izzy will be here next week.  Your name is painted in gold on all of our hearts, Dear; it will always be.



 



No comments: