Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Beginning another year.


Saturday and yesterday were fine, but today it's like the world came crashing in on me.  I've had that sad, melancholy feeling,and I often found myself saying things to Gwen. I miss her with my whole heart and soul.  It also saddened me yesterday when I learned that Marie, who had a stroke last week will be taken home today and put on hospice care.  I'll always have a special place in my heart for her because she transcribed the shorthand note you wrote me that night in the library at NMU.

It was good to get out of the house this morning and spend time observing my favorite student teacher.  Today she was her amazing self again as she taught second grade students about solids, liquids and gases by having them make root-beer floats.  I had no idea that students that age would understand about hypotheses!  A friend had asked me to play golf this afternoon, but then the rains came.  I did what everyone else does on a rainy Monday--went shopping at Target.

Now it's evening, and I'm getting settled down for the  night.  The Packers are on TV tonight.

It's hard to believe that I'm beginning my second year without you, Dear.  Although I miss you terribly tonight, we'll find a way to smile and get through this together.  

No comments: