Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Day of Mixed Emotions


Today has been one of those days of mixed emotions.  It's been so good to have company in the house.  We all saw The  Muppet Movie this afternoon, and John and Brooke met us at the theatre.  In movie theatres  I still get a feeling of being incomplete;  that Gwen should be there with us.

At the theatre son John informed me that the wife of a mutual friend died today.  Although I didn't know his wife, I still feel for the surviving spouse.  As I told my son, he will have some hard days ahead as he tries to fill the hole in his life she has left.  Later, when I got home, I received the news that my friend, Marie, died this morning.  She was a sweet, loving person, and I will miss her dearly.  She is the person who helped me with a note that Gwen wrote me 50 years ago, right at the beginning of my relationship with her.   The note was written in Gwen's impeccable shorthand, and Marie, who taught shorthand, kindly transcribed it for me.  Is is now one of my treasured possessions.  Marie missed her husband dearly, and I am sure she is reunited with him now.

Whenever I would meet my friend Marie she would hug me and kiss me on the lips.  This was such a warm reminder of the many times we shared a hug and a kiss, Dear; sometimes you would say, "Don't squeeze me so tight, I feel weak."


No comments: