Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

No Silent Sunday

In a way it's been kind of nice not having access to my computer or my e-mail.  We can live without them. This morning Mike and Deann have gone for a walk with four of their "kids."  It's a chance for me to use Mike's computer to do an update on my trip to Pennsylvania.  Yesterday was a rewarding day.  First I met with Joe and his wife, Jenn, and their daughter, Caroline, as well as his mother-in-law, sister-in-law and brother-in law.  They made me feel most welcome, and I enjoyed being with them..  Nice people.  After that, I drove a sort distance to visit with Jim, Liz, Max, Luna and Anna.  My goodness!  How those youngsters have grown; and they are as loving and affectionate as ever--the whole family.  Then it was back to Hershey for dinner with Mike and Deann.

I've come down with a cold; I can't remember that last time I had one.  Today I'm going to just take it easy.  It's a beautiful day, sunny and bright.  Gwen is near me here.  There are so many reminders of times we visited here; she always enjoyed it so.  The bed I've slept in the past two beds is the same one that she and I slept in.  The green comforter that is on the bed is one Gwen picked out; I think it may have been an anniversary gift.  Good memories all of them.

Sometimes I do pretty good things almost by accident.  This trip is an example of that.  I have really wanted to drive out to visit with Mike and Deann for quite some time now.  It is always easy to be with them, and then there was the additional bonus of spending time with my nephews and their families.  In that way, I'm a really lucky guy.  On the night Gwen died, I had gone to answer a phone call from Mike, and when I returned to her bedside she was no longer breathing.  Somehow it is fitting that I am here with Mike as November 12 approaches.  I'll write more about that later; it's one of those moments when time stood still.  Now, I'm going to watch Mike shoot some arrows at targets, and then we'll visit his office at the hospital.  Bright and early tomorrow I will be on my way back to Ann Arbor.

I'ts been good to feel your presence here, Dear, you are so much a part of all this.  Just this morning Mike told me that it flashed through his mind that we ought to give Mom a call.  Anne, Jeanne, and John have had similar experiences.  We are family.

No comments: