Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Memories


Yesterday, in keeping with a tradition begun several years ago, little booklets with blue covers were made available at church.  The little booklets contain six minute meditations for each of the days in Advent.  Gwen and I loved those booklets.  Each night we would take turns reading and then talk about what we had read.  It was a guaranteed way to settle down and find unity between us.  Last year I didn't do this because Advent came right after Gwen's funeral.  (Even now, a year later, it's still hard to type those words: Gwen's funeral.)  I'm not sure just how I feel about reading the booklet alone this year, but I intend to do it--out loud.  It will be good for my heart and my soul to remember those peaceful moments we shared.

Although the temperature was in the 40s today, the sun shone brightly, and I took advantage of the opportunity to play a few holes of golf.  Imagine that; playing golf on November 21!  My mind is in a jumble tonight.

Tonight, Dear, I am especially grateful for the many, many moments we spent just being with each other. Last night I had this dream where I saw you walking a beautiful beach, patiently and joyfully waiting for me.

No comments: