Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Take my arm.



In a letter to a friend recently I talked about how missing Gwen is really about missing little things.  The little things pile up and become a big, empty hole in my heart.  Gwen loved clinging to my arm at social events, and I miss having her take my arm and hold it tight. I never felt that it was done in a possessive way, and I never resisted it.  It was more a sense of pride.  She was saying to the world, "Hey! look who I'm with;" I know that's how it made me feel.  I need to reflect on this some more.


The rest of my day is pretty busy, Dear; first I have lunch with our old Forestbrooke friends, then I have to head over to UM  to take part in a research study I volunteered for, and after that I have my voice lesson.  Tomorrow there is a home football game at noon, so I'll be up bright and early for that.  I'll hold you in my heart all the while.



No comments: