Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

You're not alone. . .

It's not as simple as accepting that there will be good days and bad days.  There are days when I miss Gwen terribly and want her to be with me.  Then, there are days like today when I begin to feel cheerful and hopeful, knowing that Gwen will always be with me.

A friend sent this to me today:  "You're not alone; even though right now you're on your own."  That is the crux of the problem: learning to enjoy being on my own while at the same time not bemoaning the fact that I'm alone.   Being alone doesn't have to mean being lonely.  I was on my own; then I met Gwen and didn't want to be on my own anymore.  She was not only in my life, she was my life; then we shared our love as we raised a family. Isn't it amazing to be able to say that for more than fifty years I was with first Gwen and then Gwen and the kids, and I was never once lonely?  No wonder I can't get used to being on my own now.

On days like today, Dear, I appreciate anew just what a gift it is that we found each other.  It's OK to be on my own; I'm not alone.

P. S. I looked at my page views just now,  it was 11111--today,when I'm feeling what it's like to be just one, on my own.  Kind of a wink from you, isn't it?

No comments: