Lover's Key, Florida

Lover's Key, Florida
I WILL FIND OTHER SEAS.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Back home.

It's been a long day.  I so enjoyed my visit out East, and was sad in a way to come back to the empty house.  Yet, in a way it was comforting; Gwen is everywhere here.  Tonight I've been feeling pretty bummed out; I've been fighting a cold, and I think that has a lot to do with it.

It makes me feel so sad when I think that just a year ago Gwen would have been sitting here with me, and there would have been no indication that in a few days she would die.  Why does that still seem so unreal?  There was also a moment while I was driving home today when it suddenly hit me that Gwen won't be there to help me when my time comes.  At least, she won't be there physically.  That isn't a scary thought so much as a sad one.  It wasn't always easy caring for Gwen, but when it was time to settle down for the night she was there in the room with me, and I could kiss her good night.  Tomorrow I will write about another magic moment we shared, and that will make me feel better, I am sure.

There are times, Dear, when I am keenly aware that my partner and pal isn't with me--could have used your navigating skills in the car today when I wandered off the freeway; you know me, my sense of direction stops after up and down.  On Friday I drove through State College, and had a nice visit with Bob's parent, Tom and Ann.  It's at times like that when I so miss your cheerful presence.  

No comments: